Welcome to the homepage of the research group on Nonlinear Dynamics, Nonlinear Optics and Lasers (DONLL).
Our group belongs to the Department of Physics of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalonia (UPC). We are located in the Gaia Research building, Terrassa Campus of the University (Rambla Sant Nebridi 22, Terrassa).
Our general goal is to study the nature and effects of nonlinear phenomena in different systems, with emphasis in photonics, biophysics and complex systems. An important motivation of our work is to elucidate the potential use of nonlinear effects in applications.
- The article of Prof. Masoller on network comparisons published in Nat. Comm. (Jan. 2017) was featured in the press
- The work by Prof. Trull and Prof. Cojocaru on ferroelectric domain patterning with ultrafast light, in collaboration with australian researchers, was selected for "Optics 2016" by Optics and Photonics News
- The article of Prof. Pons on epilepsy crises was featured in the media
- Daniel MALAGARRIGA defended his PhD thesis
- Laura Carpi and Cristina Masoller published in Nature Communications
- UPC among world’s thirty best universities in Architecture and top forty in Civil and Structural Engineering
- A device with mobile games and remote medical monitoring for at-home pelvic floor rehabilitation
- UPC students launch balloon into stratosphere with drawings made by children at Sant Joan de Déu Hospital
- UPC patents system for cardiovascular pre-diagnosis—in under a minute—based on contact with user’s hands or feet
- Catalan scientists develop new high-precision method for analysing and comparing functioning and structure of complex networks