Welcome to the homepage of the research group on Nonlinear Dynamics, Nonlinear Optics and Lasers (DONLL).
Our group belongs to the Department of Physics of the Universitat Politècnica de Catalonia (UPC). We are located in the Gaia Research building, Terrassa Campus of the University (Rambla Sant Nebridi 22, Terrassa).
Our general goal is to study the nature and effects of nonlinear phenomena in different systems, with emphasis in photonics, biophysics and complex systems. An important motivation of our work is to elucidate the potential use of nonlinear effects in applications.
- Carlos Quintero-Quiroz defended his PhD thesis
- The article of Prof. Masoller on network comparisons published in Nat. Comm. (Jan. 2017) was featured in the press
- The work by Prof. Trull and Prof. Cojocaru on ferroelectric domain patterning with ultrafast light, in collaboration with australian researchers, was selected for "Optics 2016" by Optics and Photonics News
- The article of Prof. Pons on epilepsy crises was featured in the media
- Daniel MALAGARRIGA defended his PhD thesis
- UPC students hunt muons in stratosphere to test theory of relativity
- UPC maintains position among world’s best 150 universities under 50 according to THE ranking
- UPC among world’s top 10 universities in three scientific categories according to CWUR Rankings by Subject
- Two crews of the Barcelona School of Nautical Studies are taking part in the EDHEC 2017 international sailing regatta
- Researchers from the ICFO manage to elude Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle